Saturday, January 28, 2017

BREAKING AUSTRALIAN OPEN 2017 : VENUS SUFFERS EMOTIONAL DEFEAT FROM SISTER


Serena Williams beat sister Venus in straight sets to win her seventh Australian Open singles title.

Serena, 35, won 6-4 6-4 to. She also regains top spot from German Angelique Kerber. Serena in her words described her sister Venus, 36 as her motivation.

"There's no way I would be at 23 without her. There's no way I'd be at one without her. She's my inspiration.

"She's the only reason I'm standing here today. She's the only reason the Williams sisters exist. Thank you for inspiring me. Every time you won this week, I felt like I got a win too." She said.
Venus who recognised that her sister as always been consistent remarked "I'm enormously proud of you, you mean the world to me. I, God willing, would love to come back. Thank you for all the love."




No comments:

Post a Comment

POST YOUR COMMENT